MIGRAIN: October assessment - learner response

Mark: 21
Grade: E

WWW: Good on the first two questions, housing a range of points.
EBI: you need to revise some theory's better, especially genre. To include more quotes and examples in Q3.

In Q1: I received 5 marks because I explained what I thought the narrative of the movie is about and I also talked about todorov's narrative theory. I also mentioned Propp's Seven spheres. In Q2: I only received 6 marks because I only extended my point to a basic level and didn't properly answer the question. In Q3: I received 3 marks . I think the reason why I only got 3 marks was because I didn't mention any genre theories and I didn't mention action or enigma codes or anything. In Q4:I received 6 marks which is really bad  considering its out of 20 marks. The reason why I got only 6 marks was because I didn't use any media terminology, I talked mostly about how the audience would feel instead of what the actual reading was.

One potential point I missed out on Q3 was: I really should have mentioned at least one genre theory.

The question I answered best on was Q1 and the reason I got relatively high marks on this question was because I was revising before the test begun and it just happened to be linked with what the questions was, I was revising narrative theory and the first question was about narrative theory.

\My weakest question was: Q3 because I didn't revise genre theory at all and forgot all about it.

Q3: Genre is important for both producers and the audience because it helps the audience understand what the movie will be about and producers can use that to give the audience the satisfaction that they want such as using action codes to progress the story. Genre is important for producers because they can look at successful movies of a genre and see how many people liked it and they can use it to make their own movie and be successful in the same way. It is also important for producers because if a genre is not too popular, they won't earn enough money and genres permit the creation and maintenance of a loyal audience.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Narrative theory

Reception theory (my own)